As some of you may know, I am a member of our local Junior Auxiliary Chapter. One of our biggest projects is Safety Town where we coordinate a whole week for incoming kindergarteners to learn all about safety. Our local police and fire departments participate daily and then other groups such as poison control, local hospital representatives, insurance agents, etc…(anything that could possibly deal with safety) come and speak and do demonstrations for the children to better prepare them for school and for emergencies in general. It is very well received in the community and I think the kiddos benefit so much from this program. My job was to be the photographer all week, so I think I got the best job of all. I am the chair for public relations committee this year, so this was a good experience to start off a year of getting our community involved! Here are some of the pictures from last week.
2 years ago







