We went to visit Jason's family for John Hall's first Easter. We had a wonderful time and it was so nice to celebrate a "first" with family! I'm not sure what he thought about his Easter Bunny loot, but he seemed interested in what was going on. He especially loved his cousin's slinkys...better let the Easter Bunny know that for next year's basket!
Here we are after church on Sunday. I think it's impossible to get a good family photo. This was the best we could do....



I LOVED his little Easter outfit. It turned out so sweet so I felt like I had to photograph him a thousand times in it! JH says he's really grown tired of photo sessions with Mommy...


John Hall got a solid chocolate bunny in his basket, so we let him see what he thought about it. He says chocolate is pretty yummy!
Jason's mom set up a special place for him to dye his egg. We gave him a cup with blue to see what he'd do...his egg actually turned out okay. He also absorbed the color on his hands, face, belly, and somehow the dye worked it's way into the diper so he had that going for him too; I decided he needed a bath before dinner. I was a little blue myself (color, not emotion), so I thought I would hop in the tub with him. After I washed him down, I decided to turn on the bath jets which made LOTS of bubbles. He went nuts over them and was SOOOO excited, so I was just going to let him play for a while. That's when it happened...the water felt GRITTY! I spread apart the bubbles and saw all the broken up poop! I litterally had to take a moment to try and not freak out...I just closed my eyes and took a deep breath and went to my calm place...then started screaming for Jason. He came in and saw the mess! He helped me clean up the tub, held him while I washed in the shower, and then gave John Hall another bath....Here's my advise for anyone thinking bathing with a baby is a good idea...you may want to make sure there has been a fairly recent dirty diaper before proceding!









John Hall enjoyed playing with his cousins, wishing Muddie a happy birthday, hunting and dying eggs, eating Muddie's cooking, going to a fishing tournament, visiting the zoo to name a few activities from his first Easter weekend. We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter as well!
Happy Easter everybody!!!















3 comments:
Wow, what an eventful trip!! I can't get over the chocolate bunny, the blue hands, and the poopy bath with mom...oh my! Glad everyone survived :)
he is such a cute, jessica! i loved his outfit. and that is terrible about the poo! you are the first i've heard that's happend to while they were IN the tub too!
I LOVE his Easter outfit! Your family piture is so adorable.
Post a Comment