Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cozumel Belle Cruise


I went on a girl's trip to cruise to Cozumel with 32 other women. We had a pretty big group and thought it would be fun to make matching t-shirts to wear on our embarkation on the ship (mainly to identify others in the group we may not have known) and the sail-away party. We decided to call our group the "Cozumel Belles" ; most everyone was from AR but some of the ladies were from LA & TX, so we wanted something that was all encompassing...we're all southern belles. It kept people guessing asking if we were part of the cruise staff, a singing group, a fan club, etc. The shirts turned out for cute...I didn't get a single picture of the back which was what made them so fun! Actually, I didn't take many pictures of the trip at all; I suppose it was mainly due to my favorite photo subject wasn't in attendance....

All the girls looked so pretty on the "formal" night.
It was really nice getting to spend time with everyone on the trip. We really had a nice and relaxing vacation. We had one port which was Cozumel. We spent part of the day on the beach and then I went shopping in town with Jason's cousins, Rachelle & Rhonna. (I loved my hat! I found it at TJMaxx for a steal!)
When we were shopping, I was STARVING and I bought a pork/pineapple taco from a roadside stand. It was only a dollar (I dropped one so I had to buy another) and it was SO GOOD! Rachelle cautioned me to not eat it; she was really worried I would regret it later....and she was probably right. A rocky ship isn't exactly an ideal place to be sick. Luckily, I never got sick and would completely recommend roadside tacos in Cozumel!
As much as I enjoyed my vacation, I REALLY missed John Hall! I am so lucky to have Jason. He is the best dad EVER! I didn't have to worry at all because I knew he was being well cared for. I think John and Jason had fun hanging with just the boys for a weekend. I was so grateful for cell phones and the ability to view pictures and videos of what they were doing each day I was gone....Here are a couple of the videos Jason sent to me:


0 comments: