Jason ran his third Soaring Wings Ranch 1/2 marathon today. The race route goes past the entrance to our neighborhood, so JH and I went to cheer him on as he ran past. Then we headed back to the house to make beds and straighten up a little since Jason said not to rush because he wasn't going to "race" in this one. He ran it in 1:40 which was pretty fast to me, and as you might guess, JH and I missed him crossing the finish line. In our defense, Jason said he felt good so he went a little faster than he had planned. I really like this race not only for its close proximity to our home, but for all the fun kiddo things to do at the finish line. They had face painting, jump houses for all sizes, popcorn, candy apples, and a cotton candy station. As you can see from the photos, there shouldn't be any doubt as to which station JH liked the best!
I love this photo. It looks like an Olympic Torch lifted in the air in victory...only its blue cotton candy!








0 comments:
Post a Comment