Today I went to volunteer to stuff boxes for Christmas dinners going to 650 families in our county. I was there from 8:30 until 3:30 and we still haven't put in the turkeys, bread, & eggs. That will be done tomorrow when we actually pass out the boxes to the families. We also had boxes of books for the kiddos to go through and pick out as many as they want that were donated at various places in the community. It will all begin bright and early at 7:00 until they are all passed out. I sometimes take for granted that I can go to the store and buy these types of things at any time...and that I will celebrate my holiday with more food than five families could consume between Jason's family's Christmas and my family's. I really take away so much from these types of projects when you get to see the people that you are helping and know that you participated in making Christmas a little more special for deserving family's of our area.
2 years ago







