Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hospitable Hospital






We arrived at the hospital ready to have John Hall at 6 A.M. sharp. By eight o'clock, my water had been broken and I was on my way to meeting my sweet baby boy. At some point after that happened, I got an infection which went to him and caused our fevers to spike. I had envisioned in my mind how things were going to happen, and that was not part of the game plan. We had waited so long for this day and were told that he would need to be taken away but that we would be able to see him briefly before he would be carted off to the nursery. That was very hard news to hear, but I knew it was for the best. He was delivered at 6:10 and I got to see him later that evening at 10:30; time has never been slower than the wait to meet him. We were told he could potentially have to stay in the hospital for 14 days, but luckily that's not how it turned out and we all got to go home yesterday. We were taken such great care of while we were there. I still cannot believe how wonderful each and every person at that hospital was! Of course I knew I had a great doctor (who was an angel to me during all of this...she was about as emotional as I was! She's really a wonderful friend and now, I will always have the most precious moments of my life that she was a part of...I just simply am grateful to her!) but never imagined how zealous these people are about their jobs. You can FEEL they all belong in their respective professions and truly care about their patients....the doctors aren't the only angels, they all are simply angels!



We had lots and lots of support from family and friends. John Hall is a very lucky little boy to have such proud grandparents, aunts, uncles, and family friends. We got all sorts of goodies and flowers it required Jason to make a special trip home just to unload our gifts. We were overwhelmed by everyone's kindness!

John Hall in his take home outfit. He didn't seem to care for it very much, so he actually wore his hospital photo outfit home. It was rainy and seemed a little more comfy for the 2 mile drive! I still wanted pictures of him with his sweet little outfit so we staged a little photo shoot before we checked out. This was the view from my room which was a beautiful old house. I couldn't have asked for better accommodations while we were there!

Ose and Pa showed up to help us home from the hospital. It was nice to have someone there to take pictures and carry some of the load in their car. She also helped unpack everything which was one less thing I had to do....so thanks mom and dad!