I would have no luck at all. This week has been full of miniature disasters….
On Monday, I was searching for a pair of golf socks for my lesson and I realized that I hadn’t washed anything (but had taken the time to sort out what needed washing in piles on the laundry room floor - that counts for something, right???) so it was necessary to start searching through Jason’s freshly washed laundry. He hadn’t folded his LOADS of laundry that he piled on the counter next to the laundry room sink…after rummaging through his clean clothes and managing to fill the sink with half of them in the process, I finally found a matching pair of socks to wear. I turned off the light and went on about getting ready for my golf lesson. About 30 minutes later, Jason comes in from work and “ever so calmly” (yeah right) let me know that I had managed to turn on the water in that sink, his clean clothes provided a seal for the sink to fill with water…which after 30 minutes had flooded the laundry room soaking all my dirty laundry piles and the rug! It was a MESS! (Thank goodness for concrete floors!)
Tuesday I had to be in Little Rock at eight on the dot, so I was concerned I wouldn’t wake up in time to leave, fight traffic, and to m it to my meeting on time. I looked at the clock and thought it said 5:50, so I decided to go ahead and get up. At what I thought was 6:36, I proceeded to wake Jason up because I was about to walk out the door (I was so tired Starbucks was calling my name)….Jason normally gets up at 6:40 on the dot; he asked me if it was storming outside becuase it was SO DARK and I told him, no….then he looked at the clock in the kitchen which said the time was actually 5:36! He went back to bed and I had to find a way to kill an hour while trying to stay awake...and then truly missing my meeting...what a way to start a day!
Later in the morning after the meeting, I left for my office. I stopped by the restroom and noticed my pants looked a little short with the shoes I was wearing, so I gave them a GENTLE tug and heard a HUGE rip in a not-so-convenient place. I decided, risk of floods and all, it would be in my best interest to play it safe and work the rest of the day from home….the only challenge was the walk to the car; luckily I had a few ladies that were willing to make a barricade so no one could tell why I was walking like I needed to wear depends….or as my Grandpa used to say, “walking sprucy!”
On Monday, I was searching for a pair of golf socks for my lesson and I realized that I hadn’t washed anything (but had taken the time to sort out what needed washing in piles on the laundry room floor - that counts for something, right???) so it was necessary to start searching through Jason’s freshly washed laundry. He hadn’t folded his LOADS of laundry that he piled on the counter next to the laundry room sink…after rummaging through his clean clothes and managing to fill the sink with half of them in the process, I finally found a matching pair of socks to wear. I turned off the light and went on about getting ready for my golf lesson. About 30 minutes later, Jason comes in from work and “ever so calmly” (yeah right) let me know that I had managed to turn on the water in that sink, his clean clothes provided a seal for the sink to fill with water…which after 30 minutes had flooded the laundry room soaking all my dirty laundry piles and the rug! It was a MESS! (Thank goodness for concrete floors!)
Tuesday I had to be in Little Rock at eight on the dot, so I was concerned I wouldn’t wake up in time to leave, fight traffic, and to m it to my meeting on time. I looked at the clock and thought it said 5:50, so I decided to go ahead and get up. At what I thought was 6:36, I proceeded to wake Jason up because I was about to walk out the door (I was so tired Starbucks was calling my name)….Jason normally gets up at 6:40 on the dot; he asked me if it was storming outside becuase it was SO DARK and I told him, no….then he looked at the clock in the kitchen which said the time was actually 5:36! He went back to bed and I had to find a way to kill an hour while trying to stay awake...and then truly missing my meeting...what a way to start a day!
Later in the morning after the meeting, I left for my office. I stopped by the restroom and noticed my pants looked a little short with the shoes I was wearing, so I gave them a GENTLE tug and heard a HUGE rip in a not-so-convenient place. I decided, risk of floods and all, it would be in my best interest to play it safe and work the rest of the day from home….the only challenge was the walk to the car; luckily I had a few ladies that were willing to make a barricade so no one could tell why I was walking like I needed to wear depends….or as my Grandpa used to say, “walking sprucy!”







