I have been so spoiled throughout my pregnancy by my friends, Amy & Brandie, who are also OB/GYN’s. Since the time I found out it was official, they have been doing weekly ultrasounds to check on my little baby which has been such a blessing for me because I have been so scared that something will happen and I would lose it for whatever reason. Luckily, that hasn’t happened and I have found there is nothing more reassuring than seeing your baby every week and knowing everything is progressing normally. I cannot thank them enough for how much this has meant to me; I feel so blessed to have them as my friends as well as my health care providers! I have felt much more secure since we passed the milestone of the first trimester and I’m now into my second. Last Wednesday, Amy called and said she had a little time to take a peek, so I went and she still couldn’t tell 100% the gender, but thought we would potentially know today. Jason is doing surgery cases this morning, so once he’s finished we’re going to run by and let Amy check if we can tell today. I am so excited about finding out. I have cleaned out one of our guest rooms which will now be a nursery. I patched holes and retouched paint so it feels like I’m getting a clean slate to start from. I also have removed all of the stuff from the other guest room and intend on redecorating that room with the combined stuff. I’m sure I’ll have leftover things, so I’m sure I will be able to redo the laundry room as well. At the moment, it looks like the Tasmanian devil has gone through my house and destroyed it, but there is method to my madness. I decided to take a gender predicting quiz online that uses old wives tales to determine the baby’s sex. Here’s one that I found and took with the outcome…we’ll hopefully know today if it’s correct!
You are carrying the extra weight out front, so it's a boy.The hair on your legs is growing faster during pregnancy, so it's a boy.Girls are carried high. You are going to have a girl.Sleeping in a bed with your pillow to the north indicates that you will be having a boy.Your feet are not colder than they were before pregnancy. You are having a girl.You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread. You are having a girl.Dad-to-be hasn't been gaining weight along with Mom-to-be, so it will be a girl.The maternal grandmother doesn't have gray hair (dyed or natural), so a girl will be born.You had morning sickness early in pregnancy, so you are expecting a girl.You are not looking particularly good during pregnancy. Therefore, it must be a girl. Since the sum of the mother's age at conception and the number of the month of conception is an odd number, it will be a girl.A needle on a thread held over you belly moves from side-to-side, so it will be a girl.You have a craving for salty or sour foods, which means that it is a boy.You have been craving fruits, so it is a girl.Your baby's heart rate is 140 or more beats per minute, so it's a girl.You are having headaches, so it's a boy.Your belly looks like a basketball, so it's a boy.You use the handle when you pick up a mug, so it's a boy.Based on your answers, You're having a GIRL!
You have a 34% chance of having a boy. And you have a 65% chance of having a girl. My little brother, Adam, says he’s certain it’s a boy and he’s never wrong with the exception of his prediction for Jamie’s baby. He said he was pretty sure she was having a girl, and she has one of the most boyish boys on the planet, Samuel! We’ll see if the test is right or Adam!

