Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Greetings from Barack


John Hall got a piece of official mail today from the White House welcoming him to the world. It was pretty cool checking the mail and seeing the "White House" return address. The letter was on heavy card stock and is now in the HUGE stack of stuff that needs to be put in his baby book.



My sister, Jamie, told me after my baby arrived, I would want to request a "greeting from the president." You have to do this in writing and mail or fax your request to the White House. This is true of any administration...Republican, Democrat, or whatever...I know he'll appreciate his letter from the sitting President from the year he was born.


Here's the information if anyone is interested...but the request has to be sent within one year of the baby's birth:

You'll simply write out the baby's name, address, DOB, requestor's name, and daytime phone. Mail or fax to:

The White House
Attn: Greetings Office
Washington, D.C.
20502-0039

FAX: 202-395-1232

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know about that. I had no idea! I'm going to send one for Oliver:)