Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rock-N-Roll San Antone


We, along with Muddie and Pop, spent the weekend in San Antonio for the Rock-N-Roll marathon race. Jason did great and ran his best time yet! We're so proud of him!


We flew from Little Rock to Dallas and then Dallas to San Antonio. It was JH's first time to fly and he was an angel. I have to admit I was so nervous about how his behavior might be on the plane. In my former life, I dreaded seeing babies on my flights. I thought I might get a little payback for that...We flew Southwest which has open seating. They seat group A and then allow families to board. It was funny seeing people's expressions when we were walking down the isle to find a seat. It was very clear, most of them were thinking to please let that family sit as far from me as possible, and I totally understand why they would feel that way. I'm sure being on such short flights and having a portable DVD player helped that good behavior along....

We took John Hall to the Children's Museum which was so cool! There was so much to do and he had a ball. We could have stayed there all day, but somebody needed a nap so the fun was cut short!

Muddie and Pop treated us to a riverboat tour. John Hall loved riding on the boat. He likes to shed his clothes and toss them all over the place. I was worried we might have a mishap with a shoe or hat, but thankfully we made it off with all his articles of clothing.
.
Nothing says culture like the Buckhorn museum! JH liked seeing all the stuffed animals and mainly being free to run around. We also went to the Texas Ranger's museum connected to the Buckhorn and that was actually pretty interesting. At least from what I saw in the brief moments I wasn't chasing John!
(Uncle Adam could sure help this guy!)
After the Buckhorn completely worn out!

Da-Dum....Da-Dum...Da-Dum
(that's my best attempt at spelling out the JAWS theme)
We took JH to the Bass Pro Shop figuring that would be right up his alley. Not a huge excitement factor for me personally, but he ate it up!

0 comments: