Monday, May 24, 2010

Deck - Orations


We went to a surprise 40th birthday party on Saturday night and I was inspired...not by the actual party, but by the way she had her backyard arranged. It just flowed and had multiple conversation places...so, instead of packing for JH and me to go out of town this week, I went outside and rearranged deck furniture instead. What a great use of my time, but I feel so much better about how the back looks now. I may get there and not have any pajamas, diapers for John, or a toothbrush, but my back deck looks better by Golly....and that makes me happy!!!
(BTW, I should mention that we have never had an actual fire in the fire pit pictured on the deck. It's usually used for a drink cooler for entertaining friends)


My Plants...
This is the arrangement I put together on our table. I'm not sure what the rose-looking cactus thingies (very technical description) are....but I thought they looked pretty cool!

I planted tomatoes this year AND I'm actually seeing some! If only I can keep my little buddy from picking them before they're ready! I've already had a couple taken a little early thanks to him.
Was this a boring post or what???!! I think my next post will be about paint drying or growing grass...

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love what you've done with the deck...looks great! Time to party!

Anonymous said...

I love your backyard. I wish mine was half that cute.