After the horrible weather forecast that was predicted all weekend, the festival still went on for the most part. Jason and I took John Hall to "Toad Suck Daze" on Friday afternoon since the weather was cooperating. We had a wonderful time snacking on food, playing in the kid's area, looking at the "stuck on a truck" participants, and listening to music.
He enjoyed playing in the sand...I guess we could use a sandbox in our backyard!
They have so much to eat at Toad Suck...I had a corn dog, fresh lemonade, roasted corn, and candy apple! We also decided to try "chicken fried bacon!" I can't believe what you could find fried, but that beat all I've ever seen! It was good, but we felt a little guilty eating it...Makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it!!!
There was a fun little jazz band playing and JH seemed interested in the dancers. We watched them for a while and ran into our OB nurse, Celeste and her daughter, Liz. John Hall was fascinated by Liz! Already into the ladies!!!
Jason and John Hall in Toad Suck Square...
Dancing to the music....
Stuck on a Truck tent...
Bright and early on Saturday, I had to volunteer at the Toad Suck 5K race. I had to be there at 6:00 to help pass out runner's packets. I wasn't so thrilled about it, but proceeds from the race go for a good cause, so it was worth it...








0 comments:
Post a Comment