Saturday, October 30, 2010

Granny Visit...


John Hall, Dad, Jamie, Jacob, Sam, and I went to Tulsa for a few days to visit Granny. We all enjoyed seeing her as well as Erin, Aunt Sandy, Uncle Ken, and Oliver (not pictured).

Here we are on getting settled into our traveling positions after a yummy lunch at Feltmon's Whattaburger in Russellville...Not the chain...

A few days prior to our trip, the adults received an email from Jacob with a detailed description of the height requirements for driving a car on your own; he wanted to be sure we didn't' forget to go to Incredible Pizza and let him drive a car!
Traveling with a baby is tough; mainly because of all the stuff and constant attention they require. I was happy to have Jamie and Dad there to help with JH! This picture is so funny to me because there is no WAY I would have EVER thought my dad would be seen carrying a purse...but he was so sweet to carry mine while John rode a few rides.
The next day, JH was up bright and early ready to go see Granny and have lunch with Oliver. We went to a home cookin' place that served the best fried chicken. The only problem was it was filled with trains and JH was distracted from lunch. There was no way my little boy was going to eat anything with so much going on with the "choo-choo's" all around.

After lunch, JH was in need of a nap so we went back to the hotel to sleep while the rest of the crew went to do a little shopping and to Tulsa Aquarium. Later that night, we met up with the rest of the family for dinner. John Hall was TERRIBLE the entire time we were there. I assumed it was because he was totally out of his routine. When we got back to the hotel, I changed his full poopy diaper. While I was bagging it, he slipped off the bed and ran into the adjoining room...I grabbed the phone to take this picture to send to Jason. (I titled it "oh, yes they call him the streak, boogity-boogity") After I snapped the picture, I picked him up and took him back in the our room to put on a diaper when I noticed the trail of poop in the floor of both rooms! I called for Jamie and she came running stepping in a pile herself! We cleaned up the mess and I put JH down for the night. In about an hour, I heard him crying and found him on all fours in his pack-and-play puking everywhere. I immediately picked him up and put him in the tub with me, leaving Jamie to clean up the throw-up mess that was all over the place. I had medicine for him from a previous illness with me and luckily I had a pharmacist for a roomate and janitor, Ha! She was very helpful nursing JH all night long! Thanks to Aunt Jamie!
The next morning, John Hall seemed to be feeling better, but we decided it would be best to stop by and say good-bye to Granny and head straight home. While we were there he had a couple runny diapers and had go without his jeans. I makes me worry looking at these pictures today, I sure hope Granny doesn't get sick! She just can't help herself from kissing all over everyone!

We had to a couple of pit stops on our way home...some at gas stations, some on the side of the road....
John Hall woke up this morning very sick. He has had at least 15 runny diapers today and doesn't want to go down for the night. He hasn't really eaten anything and pretty much has just sat around all day. We had to cancel our plans to go to the Village for the annual Halloween carnival and to play with all the cousins. It seriously breaks my heart to see my baby like this...I hope he feels better tomorrow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had fun with you guys! Come again soon:)