Saturday, December 06, 2008

Party in the Crib



We found a crib online that we both LOVED and decided we would order it. Jason did quite a bit of research on several different sites to get the best deal and we felt comfortable with our choice. A couple of days after he placed the order, he received an email notification that the crib was on backorder from the manufacturer and wouldn’t ship to us until February 10th which would still work given the due date is not until April. I really want the nursery to be as complete as it can be while I am feeling so good. All of the books I have read say that I can look forward to another yucky phase and to enjoy this “honeymoon” period of the pregnancy while it lasts. Anyhow, as much as I wanted this to be in right away, I was willing to wait because I loved the crib so much. On Thursday, Jason and I went to LR to get a few gifts and Jason needed something to wear to a Christmas party. We happened to visit a children’s shop while there and couldn’t believe what we saw. They had the crib displayed in the window and said they had one in the box that wasn’t a floor model. It was a little more than the deal Jason found online, but since we didn’t have to pay shipping, it turned out to be a better deal and is now up in the nursery. It wasn’t the easiest thing to put together, but it was so much fun doing because I know that my little baby will be sleeping there very soon. Mom and Dad came to check out the new stuff we’ve gotten for John Hall and to their delight got to rearrange furniture 100 different ways during their brief visit.