Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Catching up!

I've been catching up on a lot of things lately. I have a VERY hard time remembering birthdays, so it comes in handy to receive a birthday invitation in the mail so I can pick up a gift for the birthday boy or girl. Even then, I still can't guarantee my attendance at the party so I've had a couple of make-up parties for Adalie, Sam, and Jacob (which really means giving a gift at a lunch we already planned...but they don't know that!). We were able to go to Julia's birthday and will be there to celebrate James' first birthday. Happy belated birthdays, sweet kiddos!!!


I caught up with friends, Adrienne & Kerri, from high school at the homecoming game. I also caught up with all sorts of people that I haven't seen since graduation. I happened to have my camera with me when we ran into Nancy (pictured center), and she asked that I take a picture and post it to my Facebook page. I haven't gotten around to that yet, but thought I would put it on here just in case she checks my blog. She said she's been having hard times lately and to keep her in my prayers....so, I've done just that. I hope things get better for her very soon!!!

We caught up with our good friends who we haven't hung out with in a while on Saturday. I LOVE Saturday nights when we just go over to someones house to sit around and visit. It's usually very laid back and everyone brings a food item for dinner. We had Pizza, breadsticks, hot wings, celery & carrot sticks, pulled pork BBQ for sandwiches, and chips & salsa; random menu but it was all very good.

I was also surprised by the interest in real estate surrounding John Hall! He was playing with his toys and had someone entertaining him any way he turned. I overheard Luke saying that he wanted some space too and that those girls couldn't "hog" him all night! It was really sweet!!! John Hall's future friends, Max & JT, didn't take as much of an interest in him; they were too busy doing their own thing!



John Hall is catching up to his bigger buddies and will be big enough to play in no time! Look who's no longer riding in an infant seat in his stroller! He sits up so well, we thought we'd see how he did forward-facing on a walk. He loved it, but may have preferred to not have the mosquito netting around him. He still got eaten up, but can't say we didn't try to prevent bites. He's getting so big!

We went to a pumpkin patch on Saturday with my family. I didn't get very many pictures because I busy dodging the mud and trying to keep JH wrapped up away from the cold. I didn't plan on being outside with him, so I was less than prepared for that outing. Even so, we had a good time and that PP was pretty cool with all sorts of activities for kids. They even had a homemade carousel that we rode a couple of times. It doesn't look like it was very scary, but it really was....I thought it was pretty neat and inventive!

0 comments: