Friday, October 02, 2009

I love them, I love them not!

This may seem like a random post, but I'm participating in "show us your life" on the Kelly's Korner blog (I LOVE her blog)...Today's subject is what baby items you would recommend and what you wouldn't buy if you had to do it all over again.

LOVE THEM:
This is my favorite "good thing to have" baby item! It's cheap and makes life so much easier when you're out shopping and storage space in the stroller is limited. (this is so true when you have to use the infant carrier in the stroller and can't access the bottom storage at all) I love the little stroller hooks and would totally recommend picking up a pack or two!



Any book is a good book, but some of our favorites are the little books by Sandra Boynton! Love, Love, Love these!


I really like these little bags to sterilize his stuff like pacis when they start to get a little grimey.


This tub is cheap (I think around $25) and it is great; especially if just one person is giving the baby a bath...
Oh, the bouncy seat! How I love this little item! I think he's outgrown it, but it was a lifesaver when I needed a shower or to make dinner.
I would also recommend http://diapers.com. We order all his formula, diapers, wipes, food, and any other supplies from this site. They have free shipping on orders over $75 which seems like a lot, but it's not hard to rack up a bill when you're buying that sort of stuff! (Little babies are expensive, but very worth it!) Also, it saves you from having to buy these items in the store; the less you have to haul around the better!

LOVE THEM NOT:

By the way this came recommended, I thought there was no way I could bring my baby home without a Miracle Blanket, so we made sure we purchased one and had it washed and ready to go when JH was ready to sleep at home for the first time. He seemed to like being swaddled in the hospital, but we quickly learned our little guy is a free spirit and was NOT going to tolerate being wrapped up like a buritto...So, that was $30 bucks down the drain...Not really a miracle in my book! :)

We have never used this since there is a trash can in the pantry right outside his door...since that trash gets taken out daily, there really isn't any point in using the Diaper Genie.

We travel quite a bit, so we thought a bottle warmer that plugs into the car would be a good idea since he likes to have warm bottles. It doesn't work at all...
Off to "Big D" to cheer on the hogs. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Alyson said...

So glad i can comment you now!! LOVE the knew picture of John Hog!! I love the outfit even though Jason does not!! Too Cute!!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog at Kelly's. Love the baby advice. Your little guy is adorable!