Saturday, while Jason was at the game in Fayetteville Tonya and I (children in tow) went to spend the afternoon with our friends, Amy & Brad, at their beautiful cabin on the Little Red River. Jeni, Donny, and Adrienne were there as well and everyone had their kids. It was a fun group and we enjoyed hanging out on their deck that overlooks the peaceful river. They had the football games playing on the surround sound outside while we visited, let the kids play, and ate yummy food. She made a crab & potato soup that was out of this world good. I'll post the recipe below. I'm not sure where the time went because it seemed like we had only been there a short while and it was time to leave to head to the Quick's Lake house for the night. I have serious cabin envy!!!
Crab & Potato soup:
2 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup chopped green onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
4 (10 oz) cans cream of potato soup
16 oz cream cheese softened
3 3/4 cup milk
1 (14 oz) can whole kernel corn
1 (14 oz) can cream style corn
1 lb crab meat
*Heat butter until melted. Add green onion and garlic and sprinkle in cayenne pepper; saute until tender. Add soup, milk, and cream cheese; cook over medium heat. Stir in corn and crab meat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes....then get ready to tast soup heaven!
All the kids seemed to have a great time just running around and enjoying the outdoors.

(Tonya, me, Amy, Jeni)
(Tonya, me, Amy, Jeni)
Brad even got some cheap labor and used a little reverse psychology by making spreading grass seed into a game!
Somebody LOVED being outside!
We then moved on over to the Quick's lake house which is so beautiful (both the cabin and the Quick's house were built by Brad BTW). Jason and Kevin made it just in time to get the kids ready for bed and build a fire outside. We had so much fun just sitting around with everyone just visiting. I know Jeni probably thinks I'm a huge weirdo because I am always taking pictures of her houses....I think her things are so pretty and I want to be able to share it with anyone who might be interested in looking at home decor. If that's your cup of tea, then you'll enjoy the "home tour" later in this post. Only thing is, I forgot to take a picture of the room we stayed in and the outside of the house which was breathtaking! Hopefully, we'll get to go back sometime and I'll get those then! Hint-hint!!!








2 comments:
Oh, I love looking at home decor!I always love it when you put up fun decorating ideas. It makes me want to hurry up and re-decorate. I'll just book mark these pages for ideas:)
what kind of faux finish is that...
Post a Comment