Friday, February 02, 2007

Icy steps and Eyeballs!






Granny came to see my house for the first time in the well over ten years we've been married. We have either lived far away and since we've moved back, the occassion hasn't presented itself given that we're out of the way from the great grandchildren. I worked from home today, and had the house illuminated with scented candles and the fire burning. I wanted to make it as homey and welcoming as possible when she came through the front door. I even had soft music playing in the formal living room so that the setting would be “just right.” I should have planned a little better; I completely forgot about the eight steps leading up to the front door being covered in ice and snow. When they (Mom, Granny, Jamie, and Samuel) arrived, Mom pointed out it would probably be a good idea for Granny to enter the house from the garage. Let me just say, the garage is NOT the most attractive part of our house! I guess you should always have a plan “B” in mind. Sam was all over the place. I don’t think there is a single spot in my entire house that he did not touch! Of course, Sam being Sam, decided his favorite place to frequent was right next to the fireplace. It is just the right height for him to reach in and injure himself 20 differnt ways so that we would get to make a nice little trip to the ER! (I personally think a trip to the ER is one of the top things on Sam’s list to accomplish in 2007) We decided to take a picture so we can always remember Granny's first visit to my house, when I forgot to be on guard and nearly lost an eye with a deer antler Sam was playing with! (Wow, Adam can still potentially cause injuries even when he’s hours away! The antlers were given to me by him) It turns out; antlers don’t make the best toy for a busy toddler. It was a wonderful afternoon and I’m grateful that Jamie and Mom carted my very special guests to visit!

4 comments:

Seasonal Learner said...

I am glad that Granny made a visit. I bet she really enjoyed seeing your house:)

Jennifer C said...

You were lucky to get a visit from Granny and sweet Sam. (and Jamie and Ose) Sam is SO busy and SO funny lately...they came by here on their way home, and he explored the whole house. I just enjoy being around him so much, because he is hilarious!

jamie said...

Sam says there are LOTS of fun, interesting, & potentially deadly things for him to "inventory" at Jessica's house...He says he also liked playing hide-n-go-seek with Jason & having some of Maggie's cookies on the way to Jacob's!

Ose said...

Man...I didn't realize that I messed up the whole arriving/entering/viewing/touring plan! But Granny was very impressed anyway! Everything looked absolutely beautiful especially with the fire burning and candles lit! We had a good time in Conway! Thanks for the good lunch, too! Sam's did comment when leaving that although he did have a very good time, he would have really liked to have played chase with Aunt Keeca in the back yard! He did keep leaning watching your front door because he's used to people waving goodbye to him until he's out of sight! Sam...