Yesterday I met mom and Jamie to look for fabric and things to go in the nursery. I haven’t really had “girl time” sort of shopping and it was nice of them to come with me to have a day to focus on the baby. When I took Jason to a fabric shop you would have thought I was inflicting the worst sort of torture on the guy! He’s not really the one you want going through bolts of fabric and trim…he just lacks the excitement for that sort of thing. Mom is going to make a shower curtain, bassinet bedding, and some pillows for John Hall. I think the fabric chosen will be just perfect! Mom picked out the stuff for the bassinet and I cannot express how excited I am about how that will turn out. We also went to a pharmacy that carries a variety of sweet baby stuff and found all sorts of treasures: a couple of lamps, picture frames, a little wall plaque, and some puppy paintings. My Brother-in-law, Andrew, will be happy to know that the bathroom has taken on a "theme" which evidently is puppies. For some reason he was really worried b/c the nursery had no particular theme and he just couldn't believe I didn't have one. I think the puppy bathroom is fitting since I sent a text message announcing JH's gender with the subject line saying "snips and snails and puppy dog tails..." Anyhow, one of the nice things about that place is they’ll allow you to take things home on approval before you buy so you can be sure everything goes. There were a couple of things I’ll be taking back, but I think most of it works just great!
2 years ago







