Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pepe La Pew!


Not that I listen to Paul Harvey on a regular basis, but I do remember hearing him say he was a better parent before he became one. It was sort of a tongue in check kind of bit, but that stuck with me for some reason and maybe it was this….Jason and I have had our moments when we say that we’ll never do this or won’t allow that, etc. I know everyone out there can identify with “famous last words” like this. I was at lunch with my dad and his cousin and husband, and shared a few with them. Dad seemed to think they were pretty funny and that we had pretty high aspirations for a few of them; I got the feeling he thought we might not be able to carry through our idealistic view of how we’ll handle things. One of those things we’ve said was that we wouldn’t allow television until he is two. We are both well aware of the recommendations for TV viewing, but since I have been told I will be spending a lot of time in the chair for feeding him, we decided to get a little television for the nursery for OUR benefit. Anyhow, we had a man from Direct TV come to set up that room for satellite service today. Jason went for a long run this morning and got here at basically the same time the service man did. I had just finished lining the all the drawers in the baby’s room with liner that filled the nursery with the smell of soft baby powder. It smelled REALLY sweet….It didn’t stay that way long because I started smelling something very foul. At first I assumed it was Jason given he had just gotten back from exercising, but once I went to that side of the house I could tell it wasn’t my husband. Cigarettes normally smell bad, but I’m not sure what brand of cigarette could leave that sort of stench that filled the air making me want to open every window and door in this house; it was REALLY BAD! After he left, Jason came and got me (I was as far away from this as I could be b/c it was making me sick) and told me that I needed to figure out how to get that smell out of the baby’s room. This just infuriates me because a few hours ago it smelled so nice and fresh in there. I lit a Lampe Berger, burned a candle, and sprayed a couple of squirts of Trapp home fragrance mist and you can still smell that guy! Guess it’s time to break out the big box fan and open the window for fresh air….Jason said that he got the guy's name and information so that when we have company we can invite him over a little early to give our house that special smell for everyone to enjoy! Hopefully your Sunday has been less fragrant than mine!!! :)