Sunday, October 08, 2006

"Boo - Unko"












I hosted the neighborhood October bunko at my house. Everyone seemed to have a great time...we had eyeball punch, spider cupcakes, witches fingers, halloween snack mix at all the tables, along with some other goodies. I made each person a Halloween themed CD as well as party favors to take home and enjoy later. I didn't get pictures of everything, but you get the idea....It was very spooktacular!!!!

7 comments:

jamie said...

The decor looks fabulous!!! I bet it was a great night...I love my Halloween CD...:)

Kimberly said...

It looks Scary, Great, and classy all at the same time! I love it, and love how you go all out to make it fabulous for your friends! I'm sure it was the best bunko party yet!
So what songs were on the Halloween CD? The only one I can think of right now is "Monster Mash!" I think it is not permanently stuck in my head, too. Yikes!
Can't wait till you get here!

Jennifer C said...

You have the best decorating ideas....It looks awesome! Where's my Halloween CD??? Monster fingers sound kinda icky...what were in those?? And the eyeball punch?? grapes frozen into ice cubes or something?

Cornwayites said...

The Halloween CD is awesome. Here are some of the songs...Magic (by Olivia Newton John)...Witchy Woman (Eagles), Ding-Dong the witch is dead (Ella Fitzgerald), Thriller (MJ), Nightmare on My street (DJ Jazzy Jeff and fresh prince), the devil went down to GA (Charlie Daniels), Witchcraft (Frank Sinatra)...you get the idea...more of an adult type of CD, but great for background Halloween party music.

The witch fingers were awesome...basically baked Jalepeno poppers...they have chopped up bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, bread crumbs...stuffed into seeded jalepenos cut length wise...then you take a dab of ketchup and place a sliced almond on the end to look like a bloody fingernail...they're really cute and actually tasty....

The punch was something mom told me about last year and was REALLY cute. You take a melon baller and cut out little balls of granny smith apples. Then you bore out a little hole and stuff it with a raisin...then for the spooky effect drip a little red food coloring and you've got little bloddy eyeballs that float in punch. I just used sugar-free Hawaian punch because it's good and the right color of red.

Jennifer and Kim...I've got some extra cd's...I'll deliver to you both this week.

Ose said...

Could I please be added to the list of recipients of the "Jessica
Collection of Halloween Favorites"
....please!? How does anyone have Bunko after you?!!! It all looks so terrific!

Seasonal Learner said...

Wow. It looks fantatic. You have a freat eye for making even cupcakes fit into the decor! Bunko sounds like it is a lot of fun.

Narissa said...

Will you host my next party - I think you have the bests ideas whenever it comes to parties and I love parties! I'm going to start using you as my party consultant if you don't mind!