Tuesday, August 04, 2009

John Hall is 3 months!


Once again, I'm right on time posting the month milestone blog....he is still three months! Ha!
-He loves his baths, toys, room, and anything that involves playtime. It is so amazing to me that in a day's time, he'll seem to pick up all sorts of new skills. He has started to laugh out loud on a more consistent basis. He loves for Jason to sit him in his lap facing one another. Jason will makes zerbert noises and JH will try his best to imitate the noise Jason makes. He also tries to kick his face and gets the funniest look when he is concentrating on making contact with Jason's chin. (this little activity may be short lived! We don't want to encourage him to be a little violent kiddo! We would like for him to have friends someday, Ha!)
-He is a great sleeper! Right now he goes to sleep around 9:30 and wakes up at 5:30 to eat and immediately goes back to sleep until 8:30 or 9:00. He takes a few good naps during the day, so he's a very well rested baby. He is still in the pack-n-play in our room at night and naps in his crib during the daytime, but he'll soon be moved to his crib full-time very soon. He sleeps so much better in his crib, and his pack-n-play isn't the most comfortable thing...I'm just not ready to have him in another room at night.
-He eats about 5 ounces at each feeding and feeds every three hours. (obviously, with the exception of night time feedings)
-
-He doesn't cry very often, but when he does, there is no doubt you better put a move on what he wants! Usually, it's he's hungry and you're doing something useless (in his mind) such as changing a really full diaper. The other day, he cried for about 20 minutes STRAIGHT...it felt more like an hour...after checking everything that could possibly be wrong, we fed him. That took care of that little outburst. Luckily, those are few and far between. :)
-I love that he seems to know exactly how our routine goes. He knows how we hold him and seems to know what's coming next during his day...I can just tell he's comforted by me and Jason. For example, he likes for you to give him his paci, turn on his fan, and put his blanket on him just right before he goes to sleep. I'm not sure how we discovered this combination, but it works among other little tricks he's accustomed to.
-He still loves to be in his diaper!
-He loves the silly noises we make to entertain him. He had on a onesie with little cars all over it, so naturally, I was making car sounds. I guess it was a pathetic attempt and he thought it was pretty funny. I just happened to have my flip handy, so I was able to capture it on camera...pardon that I cut off part of his head in the video...
We couldn't imagine our life without him. He is the sweetest little baby and we love him so much. He's too precious for words and it's our privilege to be his mom & dad. We're the luckiest people on earth and are so blessed with our little John Hall!