Sunday, September 06, 2009

Branson Babies!


We spent Labor Day weekend with our pals: Brandie, Trey, and JT to Branson. It is a short trip from here and was nice to go with people who understand there's no point in making any concrete plans. We decided it was best to do things 'willy nilly' and just do this little vacation 'seat of our pants' style. It worked out well and actually turned out to be a very relaxing, wonderful time!


John Hall had a big moment this weekend trying an actual food (mashed up with a little added milk) per Brandie's suggestion. He seemed to love his avacado lunch (along with his bottle and some sweet potatoes) and ate quite a bit! I cannot tell you how fun it is to be able to introduce all sorts of "firsts" to him. It seems so silly how exciting something as insignificant as eating a bit of avacado can be to me...but it truly is!!!




Brandie and I took the boys shopping to a few outlet stores while the boys watched a few games. They had planned on playing a little golf, but weren't too sure how the weather would cooperate. I think they would have enjoyed whatever they did as long as it didn't involve shopping and fighting the Labor Day crowds! We had a few crazy situations with the boys....one involing JT's "code brown" in Osh Kosh (which wasn't all that bad, but he would really prefer if you would just skip diaper changes all together) and the other was a little bottle situation in Carters. I left the supplies in the car and ran to get them in the POURING rain while Brandie was in the store holding my screaming baby, chasing after JT, and trying to watch two strollers...on my way back from retrieving the bottle, I mangaged to spill it's contents all over a man that was walking in front of me! He seemed a little aggitated and wanted to know if it was formula! SURS-LY!!! (I wanted to ask him if it was the other, why would it be in a bottle in the first place...but since I had just spilled it ALL over him, I decided I shouldn't point out the obvious) ha! I gave him a wippie and quickly went on my way! After shopping, we met up with the boys at Branson Landing for a little dinner where the boys sported a sweet little cowboy hat to get in the mood for Texas Land & Cattle! Weren't they some sweet little cowboys!
We stayed in a cabin right outside of Branson in Stonebridge. (somehow it didn't occur to me, this was the same company that developed the town I grew up in!) It was on a peaceful (tiny) lake that had an incredible playground/pool/pavilion right across from us. It would have been perfect if the boys were a little older to enjoy all the ammenities the place had to offer! We sat on the back screened back deck and enjoyed being somewhat in the outdoors while still keeping the one mobile baby contained! It was so nice and relaxing!
He slept the entire way home today. I think Branson completely tuckered out our little guy! I'm not sure you can see it, but he was drooling so much while he was sleeping...I had to get a close up shot of that!