Saturday, September 19, 2009

Walk to Cure Diabetes


Since Juvenille Diabetes is something that is a huge part of our lives, we decided to get involved and did the local walk to raise money for diabetes research. We met a few people who told us how to get more involved and invited us to be part of a couple's group that meets once a month...the lady who asked us to come to these meetings pointed out that after all, children who have type 1 diabetes grow up into adults and are sometimes forgotten! I thought that was a good point and I am looking forward to helping the JDRF in any way we can.

I was so glad that Jamie and Samuel came out to support the walk as well. Samuel was full of comments all morning long that kept us laughing.....He kept calling JH "Harry" and he would laugh and laugh at himself...he's such a little goofball!!!

"Keeca, what color are your eyes?"....."they are brown"...."What color are John Hall's eyes?"...."they are blue".....(sam was in deep thought for a moment)...."Keeca, are you sure that's really your baby?"

"Jason, is that what you looked like when you were a baby?"...."A little I guess"....."Kecca, is that what Jason looked like?"...."Well, Sam, I'm really not sure"....."Why not, aren't you Jason's mother?!"
John Hall has started chewing on his index and middle finger and when he's tired of chewing, he will hook them on the side of his gums....It's the strangest thing, but pretty sweet....I just hope this is a temporary habit!

1 comments:

Crystal said...

Sweet sweet Jessica--- Thank you so much for your comment on my blog---you brought tears to my eyes-- I am so sorry I am just now getting back with you, I am not on here that much these days :)

Can I just tell you-- I just read your last few posts and seriously your baby boy is just delicious! :) --How do you possibly get anything done during the day?--I am serious, is it hard not to just kiss on him all day he is just adorable!--He is just as cute as he can possibly be! :)

I am just loving your sweet sweet blog and I hope you don't mind I marked it as one of my favorites :)

I hope you guys have a wonderful week! :) smooches to that beautiful baby boy of yours!