Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Big Break!

We spent the weekend in Dallas so Jason could attend some continuing education hours and go to a dinner for his alumni association on Saturday night. JH made the trip as well and his Muddie (Jason's mom) was so sweet to keep him while we were at our various events. He was a very good traveler and was a little angel all weekend. I think she enjoyed getting to have her alone time with the little buddy! We cannot thank her enough for making the trip to meet us and staying the weekend to babysit.
Saturday night, the dinner was at a VERY large home with a VERY large door...we decided to sneak out after visiting for a couple of hours and made our way out the door. As we were walking out, I was nervous about the HEAVY door slamming as we left which would call attention to us. To prevent any noise, I tried to hold the door as it closed, but it caught my finger. It suddenly felt like the tip of my finger had been ripped off; I just knew when I looked down it would be gone, but it was still there....whew!!! (I know, i know...a little dramatic, but it hurt sooooo bad!) It immediately turned bright red and started to swell. It didn't feel any better today, so when we got back into town we went to Jason's office and took a little x-ray and sure enough there is a fracture at the very tip. I just got off the phone with a friend who is an orthopedic surgeon and he will check it out tomorrow...My first broken bone! I sure hope it'll be the last!!!