Thursday, September 03, 2009

Playtime Pottery


Today we met our good buddies for a pottery painting playdate. The owner of the shop, Jennifer, has decided to close her doors in January because she feels she needs to spend more time with her family...I can totally understand her decision, but I kept encouraging her to keep all her stuff to do a side business that coinsided with her family's activities. I hate to see wonderful talent go to waste, so I have already booked her for JH's first birthday party! I'm thinking Elmo as a theme... (Adalie and Jacob have already given me plenty of ideas to work from)...but since he's only 4 months, we'll see....

Jeni painted the cutest pumpkin that is made for holding candy! Brandie and I did exactly the same pieces, but her subject decided he was DONE with the whole painting gig and wanted to check out the park instead....I can't blame JT because the weather today was just perfect! Tonya and I decided we're going to come back to paint a Razorback/football platter. I know it will turn out so precious! I'll for sure be back and will post pictures of that little project later!

We did little footprints for Halloween and turned them up-side-down to make little ghosts. Then we did a handprint and turned it up-side-down to make a little reindeer. I can't wait to see what they'll look like once they're fired! I KNOW I will always treasure these little plates....they'll simply be priceless!!!!