Monday, September 14, 2009

Crazy for the Cards!


We spent the weekend in St Louis with a bunch of our couple friends. On Wednesday of last week, some of the girls (they were all invited, but not all could make it) came over to make shirts to wear to the Saturday game. I loved how they turned out and I think everyone enjoyed the little craft project! I actually think I may do another one to wear to the Razorback/A&M game in Dallas.

After the game on Saturday, we all gathered in the box to decide dinner plans and saw some of the Cardinal players coming on the field with their families. We decided to hang out and watch a little of that. If I wasn't a fan before, I sure am now! It was so sweet to see them interact with their own kiddos!

Kevin hooked Adam, Kim, Jason, and me up on Saturday with tickets right on the Cardinal dugout! They were the best seats you could imagine! It was so exciting to see the game so close!

Here is the sign in front of our seats! I have never worried about a ball coming my way! It was the coolest! Also, something you RARELY ever see....a line for the men's bathroom!
I looked up and had to take a picture of the rest of the friends enjoying the game from the box. Jason and Adam seemed to enjoy Fredbird and the "whistle girls!"


We could actually hear their voices! I can't thank Kevin enough for arranging these seats for us! It was so much fun and we really enjoyed the game....even with the loss!

I tried to grab a picture of Albert Pujols and here is what I got in the shot! I'm available for photography instruction if anyone is interested!
Kevin also hooked us up with great rooms; the view from our room was simply awesome!!!
Ready to leave for Friday's game! We ate dinner at the ballpark. I LOVE ballpark food, but it is sooo expensive! Even still, I ate a hot dog, nachos, cotton candy, peanuts, and some of Matties fries with cheese dip!

Our hotel was attached to the Lumiere Casino and I went for a little while with Amy & Adrienne. I know Amy was glad we made that quick stop on our way back because she won $430 on a 25cent slot machine! It was soooo exciting! I guess I can see why peope get so caught up in that....I should say Amy is NOT one of those, she was ready to cash out after that big win!


John Hall stayed with Ose and Pa while we were gone. Dad was away at an Elders retreat half of the stay, so mom had him all by herself! This was our first time to ever be away from him and we missed him so much, but judging by a few of the photos taken by Ose, I'm not sure he felt the same way! ha! I think he really enjoyed getting to have Ose all to himself! We really appreciate them for taking such wonderful care of him! Ose & Pa are the best!!!