We went to a baby basics class last night, and I think Jason and I left there feeling okay about our abilities as first time parents. I really hate to compare us to the other couples there, but I couldn’t help feeling better when some of the questions asked of the instructor were things like “what does a diaper rash look like”, “how many diapers does a baby typically go through in a day”, “Vaseline and Balmex are basically the same thing, right?”….Maybe we didn’t feel like we got much out of the class b/c so much time was spent on questions like these. Also, all the “real” looking babies were taken, so we got to use a Cabbage Patch doll that had a full set of hair and teeth! I’m fairly certain JH will be basically bald and hopefully won’t have any teeth for a while! Still, it was fun having a night focused soley on John Hall. We’re so ready to meet him!
I have been very lucky to have three people, Jamie, Kim, & Mattie loan out their maternity clothes to me. Mattie had tons of winter stuff, Kim had a little of both, and Jamie had mostly summer things…so I have been outfitted in some pretty cute things! I really haven’t bought very much on my own. I did buy a nice pair of jeans and a dress to wear to a Christmas party. It turns out, I could have done without those purchases b/c there are countless pairs of jeans and all sorts of dresses they loaned. Just wanted to thank them for letting me use their clothes which have allowed me to be fashionable!







