Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Spring, Summer, Winter, & Fall



I got this idea from my friend, Tonya, because she always has pretty plants at her door no matter the season….and most importantly, they’re REAL! I hate the winter months b/c my front door looks so bare, so she suggested that this spring I plant “sky pencils” and ivy which is weather resistant and then change out the flowers depending on the season. I shared this idea with Jamie as something she could do for her new house, and I figured why stop there…I should just post this on the blog for other people who may feel the same way this time of year. Here is a house in my neighborhood that has exactly what I have in mind to copy. I can’t wait for the local nursery to get these plants in so I can get to work on a more permanent front door plant solution.