I received a pregnancy journal from a friend when I announced to her that I was finally expecting. It has been a fun daily book to read, and is full of all sorts of little facts about “childbirth then and now.” In the last week, I have started to feel really uncomfortable and have been -ever so kindly- reminded it only gets worse… :) I recalled reading this little excerpt and keep reminding myself that no matter how bad it may actually get, at least I won’t have an experience like this woman:
“Two or three years ago (1879 – 1880), an Indian party of Flat Heads and Kootenais men, women, and children, set out for a hunting trip. On a severely cold winter’s day, one of the women, allowing the party to proceed, dismounted from her horse, spread and old buffalo robe upon the snow and gave birth to a child. Having attended to everything as well as the circumstances permitted, she wrapped up the young one in a blanket, mounted her horse, and overtook the party before they had noticed her absence.” (Englemann, Labor Among Primitive Peoples, 1882)
Poor lady!!! Can you imagine???!!!
Here’s a little product recommendation….I have had extremely dry skin lately. My friend, Amy, gave this extreme cream to me for my belly which was so nice. I was using it sparingly, but it ran out. I was at the store and saw this Cetaphil cream and LOVE it! My skin has been so soft and feels great since I started using it. I would 100% tell you to use this if you suffer from dry skin for whatever reason!
“Two or three years ago (1879 – 1880), an Indian party of Flat Heads and Kootenais men, women, and children, set out for a hunting trip. On a severely cold winter’s day, one of the women, allowing the party to proceed, dismounted from her horse, spread and old buffalo robe upon the snow and gave birth to a child. Having attended to everything as well as the circumstances permitted, she wrapped up the young one in a blanket, mounted her horse, and overtook the party before they had noticed her absence.” (Englemann, Labor Among Primitive Peoples, 1882)
Poor lady!!! Can you imagine???!!!
Here’s a little product recommendation….I have had extremely dry skin lately. My friend, Amy, gave this extreme cream to me for my belly which was so nice. I was using it sparingly, but it ran out. I was at the store and saw this Cetaphil cream and LOVE it! My skin has been so soft and feels great since I started using it. I would 100% tell you to use this if you suffer from dry skin for whatever reason!







