Sunday, March 01, 2009

Surprise, Surprise!!!!

Also, I got a call this morning from Mom with news that she had finished the shower curtain and it was in NLR with my dad waiting to be picked up. I had a really LONG night last night and had hoped to take a nap, but that was all the motivation I needed to hop in the car and go get it! Dad has been conducting tests for lieutenants and sergeants for ASP, but was able to sneak away and have a little tea and visit with Jason and me. He told me Mom was up at dawn and worked on the shower curtain all day yesterday. It is so cute and I love it. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate her hard work on it. We brought it home and immediately hung it. It is really heavy and very full, so Jason had to put anchors into the wall to make sure it won’t fall down. Mom, thank you so – so – so much for taking your whole Saturday to make this! It’s perfect!!!!
Yesterday I got a call from Amy and Katelyn asking if it would be okay to drop by some presents for John Hall. They were our next door neighbors, and I haven’t seen Katelyn since they moved. (http://cornwayites.blogspot.com/2006/07/movie-stars-and-swimming-pools.html) She was a little timid when they came over and wasn’t sure about this strange woman with the huge belly wanting to take her picture! Amy kept telling her that I had a baby in my stomach, but I don’t think she was convinced! I was so happy to see them both and couldn’t believe all the presents they gave me! It was really too much and we certainly appreciate all the presents! Thank you sooooo much!!!
This wasn't really a surprise, but why not throw it into this blog post...We went to a reception on Thursday honoring the “cover girls” of the last year for Women’s Inc. magazine. I wasn’t on the cover, but the house was…so I guess that counts! I was given a nice framed copy of the cover and was in a photo for the paper and the next edition of the magazine with all the other ladies from the year….I just can’t wait to see how the photo turns out since posing for pictures is one of my favorite things to do lately…sigh!!!