Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Child Labor





On Sunday, Jenn, Jake, and Steve came to our house to pick up Julia’s painting and to have a little dinner (Pizza Hut!). My little Jacob was so sweet and helpful. He loves to know what things sound like…”Jessica, how does your garage door sound….how does your doorbell sound…how does your dishwasher sound”….He watered my flowers, pulled weeds, swept for a while, and even painted my toenails. Yesterday, when I was getting ready to put on my sandals to wear to work, I had a little reminder of my time spent with Jacob. I then placed the sandals back in my closet and opted for close-toed shoes!!! Jacob is in surgery right now or in recovery. I can’t keep my thoughts on anything but Jake. I just love him SO MUCH!!!! I hope he’s doing ok and the staff that is treating him knows he’s a VERY SPECIAL little guy!

4 comments:

jamie said...

You are so lucky to have had your toenails done by Jake...I never have! I have been thinking about him all morning, too...hopefully, we will get a call soon!!!

Cornwayites said...

Yeah, I know I'm lucky. He will even take in wages in sweet grapes!

Jennifer C said...

Jacob had a great time playing at Jessica's house. Let him know when you need a pedicure! :)

Kimberly said...

You get to carry around Jacob's artwork on your toes-how lucky!