Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sweet Baby Julia



Today I decided it was time to make the canvas I had been planning to do for her nursery. I was REALLY having trouble trying to decide on what to paint. I would see something and think it was cute, but then it wouldn't be from my heart to Julia. Plus, I'm not very good at copying other people's stuff and I didn't have mom's projector to help with this little project. I really wanted it to be original artwork from aunt "Keeca." I decided the only thing to do was to start with a blank canvas and let what comes to me flow to the empty space. I painted a monkey...Jennifer was the one who introduced our family to the "safari look" when it was the "in" thing and she had monkeys all over the place. Then she actually created a little monkey in Jacob! I thought that this was the animal appropriate for Julia's little nursery. I hope that she likes it when she finally gets to see it. I added some 3-D effects with a bow and tu-tu....

4 comments:

jamie said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! It's so perfect for baby Julia...I think it's sweet that it came from your heart, too. It will mean alot to her (& Jennifer) to have something you made yourself...

Jennifer C said...

Ohhhh...wow....that is the prettiest artwork ever!! It's so wonderful because it's for Julia from her Aunt Keeca!! This is really going to make her nursery super precious! Thank you, Jessica...for putting so much thought and effort into Julia's painting. It is beautiful and oh-so-special. It couldn't be any more perfect!
I love you!!!

Ose said...

It's perfect!

Kimberly said...

I love it! You really are so talented! you could sell baby artwork on the side!