




Jason and I spent the weekend in Lufkin, Texas visiting his parents. We went for a family reunion (sorry, didn't take any pictures while there) and got to catch up with people we don't see very often. I was amazed at how much my niece and nephew have changed since Christmas! After the reunion, we (John, Glenda, Jason, and I) went to their country club to play a little four man scramble. I think Jason and I beat them by ONE stroke! The girls only lasted for 9 holes and then chose to spend the rest of the time at the pool to cool off while the boys played the back nine. After golf, we went to dinner. Jason and his dad went home while Glenda and I went to his Grandmother's house. She gave me all sorts of really great serving pieces such as a punch bowl, (I would guess around 75) punch cups, a coffee service set, red glassware, and some nut/mint pieces that were used in our wedding. I am SOOOO happy to have all of this wonderful stuff and will treasure it for many years to come! Thank you Mamaw!
5 comments:
Jessica, I didn't know you golfed! I would KILL for a coffee service set...I can't wait to see it.
I am glad you're doing a blog!!!
Since I was also unaware that you golfed, I am guessing that Jason was the leading scorer on your team???
Welcome to the blogging world! I'm thrilled you are now blogging!
I, too, am jealous of all the great serving pieces you got!
WOW! What a weekend!
You'll have to have a big party (and invite me!) and use all your new serving pieces! I'm coming there for the workshop this week so I'll get to see them! (and you!)
Jamie - you'll be impressed! We're going to use the heck out of all this stuff. I can't wait for you to see it! Kim- I'll try and take pictures of my new loot so you can be even more jealous. Jenn- Why would you think Jason was the leading scorer...I'm AWESOME at golf! Mom- You are welcome to come stay all week if you like! You already washed the sheets for yourself! How sad is that???
Post a Comment