Saturday, August 19, 2006

Baby Shower Brunch









This morning I hosted a baby shower brunch for my friend and coworker, Shari. It was a hectic morning and time was running out, so Kelly graciously offered to pick up the cookies I had ordered from Maggie's bakery (Sam's favorite). She called from there with a sound in her voice that told me something wasn't right and to not freak out. She said that the lady who went in the back to get the cookies said "oh, those are the ones with the pink paw prints?"...I was thinking to myself that having doggie cookies at a baby shower was just my luck....Kelly then called back and said that they were correct with pink footprints...but can you imagine??? Kelly asked her if they get many requests for paw prints and the lady told her they did...The food turned out really good. I also served coffee, orange juice, ice water, and strawberry-banana smoothies (I used a fresh strawberry as garnish on the side of the glass. You may not be able to tell from the pictures) I bought two bags of flowers that come in bunches at the grocery store, and made tons of arrangements. I think I'll enjoy having all these flowers around the house in the days to come; they make the house smell so nice. The shower turned out well and Shari got some great stuff!!!

4 comments:

Ose said...

It all looks so beautiful!
You did a super job! I know the honoree mother-to-be must have felt very special!

Jennifer C said...

Everything looks so beautiful! You really have a party hostessing talent...it's all perfect down to the last detail. The footprint cookies are very sweet!

Cornwayites said...

I'm glad you think it looked nice. I didn't get a shot of the gift table, but you can sort of see what it looked like from the previous post. I think Shari was pleased with how her shower turned out!

Seasonal Learner said...

Wow. it looks like a great shower! Very pretty:)