



One of the joys of owning your first home is getting to plan the flower beds. (yes, this will be the most exiting post yet now that I have your attention!) Mom suggested sweet potato vines and I think they've done very well given the heat we've had lately. They're doing so well, I've had to cut them back on several different occasions because they have the tendency to take over everything. My ferns last year did horrible, but this year, I have made up for killing them and thought I would share my success with pictures to illustrate the monsters I've produced this year! When Jacob came to visit, he ducked to go into the front door! In other news of the day, Jason and I decided to go for a run tonight after dinner (in the 100 degree weather) I made it about two miles and got over heated. Luckily, we were close to our club, so I was able to go there to cool off and wait for Jason to come back and get me. When we made it back home, I collapsed on the floor with some ice water and then got on the phone with my sister. Jason and our neighbor, Shawn, run all the time so I figured it wouldn't be a problem for me. Upon hearing of Jason's running, Jamie commented that Jason must be punishing himself much like the character of Silas from the DaVinci Code. (I'll be on the lookout for Jason's challis belt! Hahaha!!!) Jamie has such whit about her. Good news, I'm going to live but may not be jogging anytime soon!








8 comments:
People (even teens) have been dropping dead from over doing out in the heat lately. Lila just went to a funeral for a boy age 17 who did just that. Be careful!
Your yard looks very pretty!
Y'all have green thumbs!
The yard looks great! We have sweet potatoe vines, too and they must be the easiest thing to grow. I have yet to water our flowerbed once since we moved in May and they constantly have to be cut back because they keep taking over the porch! I wish all plants were that easy!
What in the world made you want to run in the 100 degree heat...or at all for that matter? We have cars and AC for a reason!
Your yard looks great, but I thought you were using Jose's Lawn & Garden Service....my mistake!
Your ferns are beautiful. Mom kills at least several a year. What is your secret? I think I get that from her.
Did you really run for 2 miles in this heat?? What are you--crazy?? I'm glad you were by your club when it happened. Otherwise you could have hung out at a stranger's house or something! :)
I also want to know why your ferns look like they do, because mine is getting kinda sad looking...and is getting water every day.
I'm not really sure why these ferns are doing so well...I wish I could say that it was something I was doing...may be the type of fern? They're called 'macho' ferns and they have certainly lived up to their name!
I know that wasn't the smartest thing to do to go running in this heat...promise, won't do it again!
Jessica: I loved seeing pictures of your house -- it looks like it is SO pretty. You have always had great taste, but you definitely have a green thumb too!
I guess I need to get a macho fern next time b/c they are really pretty!
Post a Comment