


Driving home from work, I could hardly see to get home. When I made it, I called mom and dad and the power went out for a bit. There was lightning everywhere and the wind was blowing very hard. After dinner, Jason informed me that the pot that I just stained a few weeks ago (see Lazy Sunday post) had blown over and broken. I went on the back porch to inspect the damage, and noticed how the furniture had been moved from the storm. I love it when it rains (and we certainly need it), but when the storm is bad enough to move furniture, I'll pass!








7 comments:
Wow! Looks like it was a bad one...Luckily, that's all that happened!!!
I hear you! I got stuck on the highway today because a river of water was flowing and no one with a car could drive through it! We need the rain though so I guess I can't complain.
I'm sort of sad that you're the one to post on this blog. You and Andrew have the WORST luck with storms of anyone I know! I feel a little guilty complaining about a pot being broken...(now I'm reminded of a story Kim once told about her and Narissa being at home and something being on fire...I can't remember what happened...should I delete this post???) I thank heavens it was just the pot that I stained than my whole house being on fire, being up in a toronado (see Erin's blog...her mother - my aunt- was in a tornado)...Ok, so I shouldn't complain....but maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't try to be so domestic at times and leave staining pots up to Martha Stewart and the bunch on TLC!!!
Erin, you beat me by a minute!! LOL!!! Ok, I officially feel like a big OL' baby posting this blog...but my little pot. Jason know how proud I was of my sad little effort...but I should be thankful for the blog!!! You can go back to the lazy Sunday post and relive the glory days of the stained pot!!! Hahahaha!! Thanks for humoring me!
I meant to say that Jason KNEW...sorry, I should read what I've just written before I hit publish.
You can bury your little pot in your flower garden leaving the unbroken edge out of the soil...put some dirt up into it so that plants can still grow in the pot...bless its little heart! It stormed at school today and the power went off several times but not long each time.
I would have been freaking out. you know I hate storms! I am glad that is all the damage you had. Poor little pot . . he probably never had a chance. He had a good life I am sure!
Post a Comment