Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Work Loot!



I had lots of surprises when I came into work, and was overwhelmed by birthday wishes in my email inbox. I got tons of cards, a little candle, some silly puddy, a little frame, etc...but the gift that I kept getting was candy. I am not a big cake/cookie/dessert person, but when it comes to good ol' candy, I'm a sucker (no pun intended!). I was even surprised by a flower arrangement and balloons that Kelly (and family) sent to my office. I also only had to work a half day today, so it was a great birthday-day! Thanks to all my work pals, email pals, and Kelly for making today very special for me!

8 comments:

Jennifer C said...

Wow! What a nice group of co-workers! We hope you have a wonderful day!

Jennifer M. said...

Sounds like a great birthday! Happy Birthday! I hope you guys celebrate this weekend too!

jamie said...

It looks like you got a good haul!!!

jamie said...

I forgot to ask if Kelly was going to make you some fried tacos for your birthday...

jamie said...

I also forgot to ask if Darth Vader stopped by your house to say Happy Birthday...BTW, is he your biggest brush with fame?

Cornwayites said...

Poor Kelly - We just dropped by her house after my birthday dinner to thank her family for my flowers. She has had a migraine for two days now and isn't feeling the best. Darth Vader was there and as full of life as ever...although Kell probably would have preferred we wasn't as full of life in this instance....Hopefully she'll fell better in the morning b/c I have to pick her up for the provisional coffee in the morning!!! Darth Vader should be on his best behavior and off to bed by now!

Antique Mommy said...

HBTY! May God bless you abundantly in the coming year. You're off to a good start you know, with the silly putty.

Seasonal Learner said...

You did get a lot of loot for your birthday. What great co-workers. Happy Birthday!