




This morning Jason and I got up very early to meet the rest of the caravan (Dad, Jamie, Sam, Steve, Jennifer, and Jacob) in Beebe. We went to spend Sunday with Granny. We were about 10 minutes late for church and with two little guys in tow, we made an entrance. I took Samuel out to play in the nursery, but had to get Jamie from the service to help with a little diaper situation. (I'm not sure what they fed him last night, but I've never smelled anything so bad in my life) We went to lunch and Jacob played on the bicycle they had by the hostess stand. We then went back to Granny's and everyone was assigned a job whether it was laundry, going through mail, cleaning out the fridge, checking supplies that she might need, etc (my job was watching Sam, but he managed to produce another horrid diaper so Jamie took time out from the kitchen to change another diaper). We also went to see papaw's headstone and cleaned it while we were there. It looked very nice. Then we took Granny grocery shopping and Jacob found a shopping cart and pitched in on picking things up for her. He was a little wild man pushing the buggy around, but had a ball doing it! One of Jacob's favorite things to do when he goes to see Granny is to go to the chapel and say hi to Jesus...We had a great visit with Granny and Jacob cried when it was time to leave her.








7 comments:
Oh that is too sweet of Jacob! It sounds like you had the best "job" watching Sam-even if he had 2 major blowouts on ya! I'm sure that was worth it! We wish we could have been there with ya!
Thanks for the day's report and the pictures! Did Granny get to have some Goldfish crackers and some other good snacks that Jacob picks out? Heard you took Sam on a little cruise!
Next time, you are on your own if there is a diaper situation...Samuel & I had a great time today!!! BTW, Samuel says thanks for bringing some Maggie's cookies...
You're such a great decorator and party hostess. I love looking at the decor you post - I loved the little door decor with the booties and onesie hung on ribbon! We need to ask you when we need ideas for showers! You always seem to have the best ideas!
Yes, I did take Sam for a little cruise in the car. There was too much action and getting him down for a nap in the apartment was out of the question.
Jamie, stop feeding Sam beans the day before he sees me and then we'll talk about changing the diapers!!!
Jacob went down every isle and found all sorts of things that Granny needed...(the card isle was pretty funny!) But, we had to stick to the list! Still fun though!
Narissa, thanks for saying such sweet things about the decor! I pretty much copy the things that I like, so I really don't have too many original ideas! (With the exception of the shower I hosted with Kim for Jamie. I made paper mache nursery ryhme characters that are now hanging in Sam's nursery. Jacob thinks they're scary, so maybe they were such a big hit!)
i meant to say they weren't such a big hit...
That is really sweet that Jacob likes to say "hi" to Jesus. It sounds like you had a good time and I know Granny always enjoys your visits!
Post a Comment